Thursday, January 29, 2015

Monomoy Cowl

Just a drive by to post that I have a new pattern available. I wandered in to Boo Peep with my BFF the other day and spied the luscious colors of Kenzie Worsted. I was smitten. Bought two skeins without a second thought. As soon as I walked in the house I started charting a tiny Norwegian pattern and swatched to see if I liked the fabric. I DID! I immediately cast on and was finished with a new cowl by bed time. I wore it the next day on my run and I wished I had one in all the colors. It was warm and not at all scratchy. Pretty enough to earn me lots of compliments.

Monomoy Cowl is a little ditty to practice your stranded color work skills. Kenzie Worsted from Hikoo is made in New Zealand and distributed by Skacel. It is 50% New Zealand Merino, 25% Nylon, 10% Angora, 10% Alpaca, and 5% Silk Noils. It has the hand of a crunchy Silk, the softness of Alpaca, the Angora halo and the warmth of Merino. In other words, scrumptious. I hope my model will be available for a proper photo shoot this weekend. But I have had requests for the pattern so wanted to get it up online. Enjoy!


No comments: